Sunday 9 June 2013

My Big (Impossible) Dreams

There are things that I want to do, that I know I will never be able to do.

I want to tag crayfish, so I can study their migration habits and growth. I can't do this because - other than it being a really big and hard sounding thing - I'm not a marine biologist.

I also want to have my own sanctuary. I want to breed crayfish and keep other New Zealand fish safe from the buttholes that are out there who rape and pillage our seas. But that one - at least the way I imagine it - would be too expensive and possibly not actually do-able. Or I would have to become a politician and win New Zealand in the votes.
cray-babies at Whanarua Bay

And I want to help institute some sort of programme here in New Zealand, at schools. To help people - teachers, parents, whoever - understand the differences between males and females with aspergers. To help diagnose the girls like me, let them know they're not crazy. And help with understanding. Just understanding. We're different because we're not NT but we're not dumb or weird, we're all awesome in our own way.

(That last idea, being less than 24 hours old, is very unformed at the moment. I may or may not try and develope it further.)

(Do not question my spelling of the word develope. I thought it looked cool and now I think of it as some sort of word antelope. Run free, my develope!)

No comments:

Post a Comment